Friday, January 8, 2010

Big Boy!

D's went 2 days in big boy chonies with only one accident (when out with Grama K and she forgot to ask him if he needed to go)!! He's doing fabulous the past week in the potty training department. Hopefully by the time Little Miss is born he's completely trained!

As for sleeping, we're still trying the big boy bed in his OWN room. He needs mommy there to fall asleep, but I leave once he falls asleep, and he's been waking up two or three times a night each night. I think that given the fact he's NEVER slept in his own bed before this, let alone his own separate room, he's doing great! It does mean less sleep for mommy... but, here soon i'll be up continuously with a newborn, so I guess it's no different.

He's adjusting well to the people in his life having been switched, he woke up this morning and went looking for grama downstairs (who isn't here this week, she's gone to the farm show until next weekend), and when I mentioned Grama K, he inquired about my cousins who live there as well.

Tonight on the ride home from Grama K's house, he told me he saw a polar bear outside on the mountain! LOL and when we got home he was super adorable and was singing "twinkle twinkle little star" along with the melody that one of his toys was playing.

He also tried to put chapstick on me, grabbed my face and told me "Mommy you pretty girl!" Which of course melted my heart. <3

We miss Gigi, Papa, Uncle C and Aunt S though! January is flying by though and we'll hopefully see them all next month!

1 comment:

  1. Donovon is such a big boy. I'm sure he will be exicted to be a big brother in April. I can't wait to have a little boy. They are so sweet. I will keep up on your blog if you keep up on mine. We can make sure we each blog!!

    ReplyDelete